Controls Engineer - Innovation for Automation
Innovation for Automation is seeking a highly motivated Controls Engineer to join our team located at 701 36th St. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49548. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing control systems for our industrial processes, as well as troubleshooting of plant equipment control systems to support business operations and maximize productivity, minimizing costing effects, and develop efficient and fast deliverables. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with PLC programming, HMI development, and industrial automation systems.
Our Control Engineer Typically:
- Responsible for the installation of new control systems, hardware and software, to support all products and processes.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems for industrial processes.
- Create and maintain PLC programs for various control systems.
- Develop and design HMI screens and interfaces.
- Conduct system testing and commissioning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, mechanical, and electrical system issues.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure project success.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in controls engineering.
- Strong knowledge of controls platforms PLC programming (Studio 5000, Factory Talk, TIA Portal, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with electrical design principals and CAD software
- Strong interest and desire to advance I4.0 concepts and solutions.
- Familiarity with industrial automation systems and communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, Serial)
- Familiarity with the full lifecycle of automation systems from concept through close-out.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position requires a pre-employment drug-screening, and a background check. With first shift hours, Monday – Friday. With pay ranging from $70k- $120k based on experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance Options
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Benefits, Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Wellness Resources and More!
About Innovation for Automation:
Innovation for Automation is your one stop shop for all your automation needs. We partner with our customers to design, build, implement, and support automated system solutions for warehouses, distribution centers, and production facilities. Our team is dedicated to designing and manufacturing custom solutions to meet any need. With household names in the food, grocery, pharmaceutical, and parcel delivery industries among our largest customers, along with key players in the thriving world of e-commerce and online shopping, our client portfolio boasts impressive industry leaders.