Field Service Technician - Forklifts of Michigan
Forklifts of Michigan is looking for Full Time Field Service Technicians in our Grand Rapids location located at 7410 Expressway Drive SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49548. If you have wrenching experience and strong mechanical knowledge, either on vehicles or any other equipment – this position is for you! Compensation rate is based on experience level.
Monday-Friday, first shift hours, and works 40 hours a week with opportunity for overtime.
Our Service Technicians Qualifications are:
- Have Clear and Concise Language Skills
- Enjoy Independent Work
- Utilize Technology such as a Laptop or Tablet
- Have a Valid Driver’s License
- Meet Minimum Tool Requirement
- Have a Strong Mechanical Aptitude and Abilities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds due to Lift and Move Functions
A Field Service Technician travels locally to customers, using a company van, to complete needed repairs on a wide variety of products with an emphasis on forklifts.
- Diagnose and Repair Equipment Breakdowns
- Communicate any Needed Repairs
- Complete Work Orders in a Timely Manner
- Coordinate with Parts and Service Department Daily
- Keep Work Van Clean and Stocked with Supplies
- Interacts with Customers in a Professional Manner
- Comply with all Safety Procedures within FOM’s Guidelines
- Consistently and Reliably attend Shift Ready to Work
- Perform any Other Duties as Assigned
No Degree? But meet the Qualifications…We Will Train You!
- Training is Completely Paid For
- In-Person Classroom Training
- Hands-on/Job Shadow Training
Our Field Service Technicians Enjoy These Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance Options
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Benefits, Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Wellness Resources and More!
About Forklifts of Michigan:
As a premier material handling distributor in West Michigan, Forklifts of Michigan focuses on providing its customers with application-based solutions and exceptional customer service. Our trained staff has the industry knowledge to help customers with a wide range of material handling and equipment needs, from forklifts to racking, floor cleaning, personnel carriers, and much more. Forklifts of Michigan is associated with Morrison Industries.
About Morrison Industrial Equipment:
Morrison Industrial is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family owned and offers over 70 years of service to our strong customer base. We are a leading material handling equipment dealer offering a wide variety of products including LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment and much more!