Parts Specialist - Central Parts - Central Parts
Morrison Industrial Equipment is currently looking for a Parts Specialist at our Central Parts Distribution Center located in Grand Rapids, MI.
We are a Material Handling Equipment Company established in 1953, with 12 locations across Michigan and Northern Indiana. Family-owned and family-oriented, Morrison is dedicated to the growth and care of our team members and provides our employees ample training opportunities, career path influence, and a strong work/life balance.
At Central Parts we embody another cornerstone principle of Morrison Industrial, devoted customer care. We diligently work to refine our customer experience, striving to stock parts that provide our customers the perfect balance of quality and value. Using our inventory management and logistics systems, we ensure optimized availability and timely delivery of these carefully selected parts. Simply put, our goal is to be the best at delivering the right parts at the right price.
Your role at Central Parts will focus on utilizing our warehouse to provide our 12 branches with optimal parts related support, which directly impacts the daily business of customers across Michigan and northern Indiana.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Inventory management: stocking, picking, counting parts inventory
- Shipping and receiving
- Coordinating maintenance schedule of delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment
- Coordinate with management to positively impact company procedures
- Evaluate warehouse layout and inventory placement to maximize efficiency
Qualifications and Skills:
- Efficient in fast paced environments
- Dependable and reliable, good time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Appreciation for our culture, which emphasizes teamwork and customer appreciation
- Communication skills: ability to empathize with teammates and customers
- Intermediate level of computer skills; (Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Displays knowledge of (or willingness to learn) basic warehousing, storage, and distribution methods and procedures
- Driver’s license required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Who should apply?
- Interested in joining a collaborative team
- Motivated by impacting company-wide operations
- Interested in an entry level management position
- Willing to set aside pride to achieve team oriented goals
- Enjoy an active job that keeps you moving
Enjoy a competitive benefit package as all our employees do:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance Options
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Benefits, Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Wellness Resources and More!
Position requires working in-person first shift, Monday-Friday for 40 hours each week. Compensation negotiated based on experience, entry level persons with higher level of education or familiarity with job responsibilities are encouraged to apply.