Forklift Mechanic Technician Apprentice - Forklifts of Michigan
Do you like to be challenged? Have natural mechanical ability? Work independently, but also as part of a team with opportunities for growth and advancement? Want to travel locally day to day with a variety of hands-on tasks? Located at 7410 Expressway Dr SW, Grand Rapids. First shift, no weekends, full time. Paid weekly.
Join Forklifts of Michigan as a Forklift Mechanic Technician Apprentice! Here’s why:
- You will have the opportunity to diagnose/repair LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes. Occasionally, scissor/boom lifts, and floor cleaning equipment and much more! You’ll get paid to learn it all!
- This is not a desk job! You’ll be outdoors, traveling locally within the area, working with your hands, and in an ever-changing environment.
- It’s time to start that new career you’ve been thinking about. A great opportunity to learn a trade without going to school.
- Invest in yourself through our 10-week paid training program. (We pay the same amount as if you were out in the field, no training pay deduction here!)
- We pay you to learn through hands-on, job- shadowing, e-learning, and classroom training to set you up to be a successful Field Service Technician.
- No tools, no problem! Our “Tools for Technicians” program provides all the tools you need upon onboarding. It’s an 18-month program and when completed the tools are property of the tech! Throughout the training we offer multiple opportunities to gain certifications and put money in your pocket that can be used for more/new tools.
- Technicians have the opportunity to take a van home nightly, once completed with training.
Our Apprentices Typically:
- Have a valid driver’s license, for a minimum of past three years
- Can pass a drug screen and background check
- Comfortable working in a wide variety of weather conditions
- Ability to Lift 50 pounds due to Lift and Move Functions
- Have a Strong Mechanical Aptitude and Abilities
- Have Good Customer Relations Skills with Clear and Concise Language Skills
- Utilize Technology such as a Laptop or Tablet
- Have a strong desire to learn
Our Apprentices Enjoy These Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance Options
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Benefits, Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Wellness Resources and More!
About Forklifts of Michigan:
As a premier material handling distributor in West Michigan, Forklifts of Michigan focuses on providing its customers with application-based solutions and exceptional customer service. Our trained staff has the industry knowledge to help customers with a wide range of material handling and equipment needs, from forklifts to racking, floor cleaning, personnel carriers, and much more. Forklifts of Michigan is associated with Morrison Industries.
About Morrison Industrial Equipment:
Morrison Industrial is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family owned and offers over 70 years of service to our strong customer base. We are a leading material handling equipment dealer offering a wide variety of products including LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment and much more!