Field Mechanic - Morrison Industrial Equipment
Morrison Industrial Equipment is looking for Full Time Field Service Mechanics / Technicians in our Grand Rapids location located at 1825 Monroe Ave NW. If you have wrenching experience and strong mechanical knowledge, either on vehicles or any other equipment – this position is for you! The compensation rate is based on experience level.
Monday-Friday, first shift hours, and works 40 hours a week with the opportunity for overtime.
Our Service Technicians' Qualifications are:
- Have Clear and Concise Language Skills
- Enjoy Independent Work
- Are able to utilize Technology such as a Laptop or Tablet
- Have a Valid Driver’s License
- Meet Minimum Tool Requirement
- Have a Strong Mechanical Aptitude and Abilities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds due to Lift and Move Functions
A Field Service Mechanic / Technician travels locally to customers, using a company van, to complete needed repairs on a wide variety of products with an emphasis on forklifts and other equipment.
- Diagnose and Repair Equipment Breakdowns
- Communicate any Needed Repairs
- Complete Work Orders in a Timely Manner
- Coordinate with the Parts and Service Departments Daily
- Keep their Work Van Clean and Stocked with Supplies
- Interacts with Customers in a Professional Manner
- Comply with all Safety Procedures within Morrison’s Guidelines
- Consistently and Reliably attend Shift Ready to Work
- Perform any Other Duties as Assigned
We Will Train You!
- Training is Completely Paid For
- In-Person Classroom Training
- Hands-on/Job Shadow Training
Our Field Service Technicians Enjoy These Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance Options
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Benefits, Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Wellness Resources and More!
About Morrison Industrial Equipment:
As a premier material handling distributor in West Michigan, Morrison Industrial Equipment focuses on providing its customers with application-based solutions and exceptional customer service. Our trained staff has the industry knowledge to help customers with a wide range of material handling and equipment needs, from forklifts to racking, floor cleaning, personnel carriers, and much more.
Morrison Industrial is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family owned and offers over 70 years of service to our strong customer base. We are a leading material handling equipment dealer offering a wide variety of products including LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment and much more!