Shop Technician/ Industrial Mechanic - Triad Service Center
Triad Service Center is seeking a qualified shop technician for service and repair of light industrial equipment in our Grand Rapids, MI branch. Equipment that is commonly worked on are floor scrubbers, sweepers, handicapped carts, checkout lanes, paint shakers and other commercial customer equipment found in large retail / industrial locations.
The position would be primarily Monday-Friday, averaging 40 hours a week, first shift hours. PAID TRAINING provided.
Starting Pay Range: $16-21.
Our Technicians Typical Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Have Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to diagnose, repair and complete both service calls and scheduled PMs on light industrial equipment is essential for our mechanics.
- Responsible for providing outstanding CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- Visually inspects, tests, and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Discusses machine operation variation with customers to diagnose problem and repair machines (typically floor care equipment).
- Dismantles machine parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Installs new or repaired parts; cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, belts and other parts of machinery.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Installs and repairs electronic components of machinery or equipment.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operations following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Schedules follow-up repairs for parts that have been received.
- Responsible for record keeping and reporting of work orders, parts and supplies ordering, service histories and a daily agenda.
- Treats company equipment (i.e. vehicle, tools, phone, fax, credit card and parts) as if they were your own and follows PM’s guidelines on company provided vehicle.
- Delivers and picks up rental equipment to/from customers within contiguous US.
- Trains rental customers on proper use of rental equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); good mechanical aptitude/skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Our Technicians / Mechanics Enjoy These Benefits:
- Health Care with 24-hour free access to WebDr
- Dental, Vision and Company Paid Life Insurances
- 401K with Automatic Company Sponsored Deposit
- Paid time off, Company Supplied Uniforms and much more…
Morrison Industries, a parent company of Triad is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family owned and offers over 65 years of service to our strong customer base.
Find out more: www.triadservice.com