Apprentice Mechanic - MIE Grand Rapids
Morrison Industrial Equipment is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family-owned and offers nearly 70 years of service to our strong customer base. We are a leading material handling equipment dealer offering a wide variety of products including LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment, and much more!
Morrison Is looking for Full Time Service Technicians in our Grand Rapids, MI location. This position would utilize a company vehicle within the greater Grand Rapids area and therefore requires a valid, good-standing driver’s license. This team member works Monday-Friday, first shift hours, and works 40 hours a week with the opportunity for overtime. The job is responsible for providing on-site client installation, repairs, and maintenance of their equipment. Laptop, tablet, cell phone, and paid training are provided.
Our Service Technicians Typically:
- Have Good Customer Relations Skills
- Enjoy being part of a Team, but can Work Independently
- Can Utilize Technology such as a Laptop or Tablet
- Have a Valid Driver’s License in Good Standing
- Have a Strong Mechanical Aptitude and Abilities
We train people that have been working in the industry and who are new to it. Once hired, technicians will automatically be enrolled in our training program. The program and training are completely paid for and offer Classroom training, hands-on/job shadow training, E-Learning, and mentoring.
No tools, no problem! Our “Tools for Technicians” program provides all the tools you need upon onboarding. It’s an 18-month program and when completed the tools are property of the tech! Throughout the training, we offer multiple opportunities to gain certifications and put money in your pocket that can be used for more/new tools.
Our Field Service Technicians / Mechanics Enjoy These Benefits:
- Health Care Insurance with 24-hour free access to WebDr
- Dental, Vision, and Company Paid Life Insurances
- 401K with Automatic Company Sponsored Deposit
- Paid time off, Company Supplied Uniforms, and much more...
- And most of our Service Technicians take their vans Home Nightly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 and up
Check us out at Morrison Industrial Equipment