Forklift Field Mechanic/ Service Technician - Forklifts of Michigan
Forklifts of Michigan is looking for Full Time Service Technicians in our Grand Rapids, MI location. This team member works Monday-Friday, first shift hours, and 40 hour work weeks with opportunity for overtime. The job is responsible for providing on-site client installation, repairs, and maintenance of their equipment. We work on LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment and much more!
We train people that have been working in the industry and who are new to it. Once hired, technicians will automatically be enrolled into our training program. The program and trainings are completely paid for and offer Classroom training, hands-on/job shadow training, E-Learning, and mentoring.
No tools, no problem! Our “Tools for Technicians” program provides all the tools you need upon onboarding. It’s an 18-month program and when completed the tools are property of the tech! Throughout the training we offer multiple opportunities to gain certifications and put money in your pocket that can be used for more/new tools.
- Troubleshooting customer equipment, conferring with, and receiving approval before making repairs
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
- Completing and submitting all required work orders
- Ability to lift 50 LBS or more and to crouch and/or crawl in confined areas
- Maintaining your own parts inventory
- Managing your workload effectively
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to work in a team setting with respect and loyalty
- Following all company policies and procedures. Particularly those involving safety
You must complete and clear a drug screen, MVR reports, and a background check. You must have a valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Strong mechanical skills and a personal drive to learn and improve your skills and grow within. The forklift service technician position is an excellent opportunity if have completed training in an automotive or diesel-powered equipment technical school or program
Morrison Industries participates with the Department of Defense program allowing active and discharged military service persons to apply their GI Bill while receiving training through our approved program; you receive your earned GI benefits and your pay from us while training!
Check us out on our Website