Apprentice Mechanic - MIE Grand Rapids
Morrison Industrial Equipment, a leader in the material handling industry is looking for Full Time Service Technicians to cover territory around the Great Grand Rapids Area. We are looking for both the experienced mechanic as well as the “Technician in Training”. This position would utilize a company vehicle regionally and therefore require a valid, good standing drivers license. We provide opportunities for both candidates, we pride ourselves on our industry-leading training and provide the careers of our employees to to be well rounded.
All Training is PAID. M-F, first shift. Paid weekly.
We train people that have been working in the industry and who are new to it. Once hired, technicians will automatically be enrolled into our training program. The program and trainings are completely paid for and offer Classroom training, hands-on/job shadow training, E-Learning, and mentoring.
No tools, no problem! Our “Tools for Technicians” program provides all the tools you need upon onboarding. It’s an 18-month program and when completed the tools are property of the tech! Throughout the training we offer multiple opportunities to gain certifications and put money in your pocket that can be used for more/new tools.
Our Field Service Technicians / Mechanics Enjoy These Benefits:
- Health Care with 24 hour free access to WebDr
- Dental, Vision and Company Paid Life Insurances
- 401K with Automatic Company Sponsored Deposit
- Paid time off, Company Supplied Uniforms and much more..
- And, most of our Service Technicians take their vans Home Nightly
Our Service Technicians Typically:
- Have Good Customer Relations Skills
- Enjoy being part of a Team, but can Work Independently
- Are able to Utilize Technology such as a Laptop or Tablet
- Meet the productivity and efficiency demands of our customers
- Have a Valid Driver’s License in Good Standing
- Have a Strong Mechanical Aptitude and Abilities - Enjoys completing repairs / tasks
- Require both heavy lifting and physical flexibility
As this is a mobile position, our Forklift Service Technician can be based out of many cities around Grand Rapids, MI including but not limited too - Ada, Alto, Belding, Lowell, Caledonia, Middleville, Hastings, Wayland, Dorr, Byron Center, Jenison, Wyoming, Walker, Ravenna, Marne, Comstock Park and all areas within the reach of the greater Grand Rapids Area.
Morrison participates with the Department of Defense program allowing active and discharged military service persons to apply their GI Bill while receiving training through our approved program; you receive your earned GI benefits and your pay from us while training!
About the Company: Morrison Industrial Equipment is a family-oriented company that takes pride in the communication, attitude, and training opportunities provided to our employees. We offer great flexibility, work/life balance, competitive benefits, career progression, and so much more. This company is family owned and offers over 65 years of service to our strong customer base. We are a leading material handling equipment dealer offering a wide variety of products including LP, diesel, and electric forklifts of all sizes; scissor and boom lifts; floor cleaning equipment and much more!
Check us out at Morrison Industrial Equipment